Stuart J. Murphy
Cognitive Skills: I See I Learn Set of 4 (Paperback)
- SET 954-05D*
- Ships within 1 business day
- 10.00 (in)
- 8.00 (in)
- 1.00 (in)
- 3-6 years
- Grade Level:
- Pre-K to Kindergarten
- I See I Learn
- Stuart J. Murphy
$4.85 a book!
Long before children can read—or even speak many words—they are able to assimilate visual information with ease. By the time they reach pre-kindergarten age (3–5), they are accomplished visual learners.
Stuart J. Murphy's I See I Learn books build on this natural talent, featuring simple stories, reinforced with visual learning strategies such as inset pictures, diagrams and highlighted words that help young children learn the life skills they need to prepare for school and enjoy happy, productive lives.
The Social Skills Set includes one copy of each:
- Left, Right, Emma! (Free Closer Look Download)-Emma loves to march around her house. She is excited to lead a march at school. But how will Emma know when to turn left and when to turn right? Understanding basic directions allows young children to follow instructions, give others directions, and develop strong spatial sense.
- Freda Plans A Picnic (Free Closer Look Download)-Freda's mom says she can invite her friends to picnic. There is so much to do, from packing the picnic basket to cleaning up. All the steps add up to a fun-filled time! The ability to recall events in proper order–what happens first, what comes next, and what occurs last is important for story comprehension, mathematics, following directions, planning, and other life skills.
- Percy's Neighborhood (Free Closer Look Download)-Percy and his daddy are walking to the park. On the way, they have a few stops to make. See what Percy learns when he visits community helpers in his neighborhood! As children learn more about their neighborhood, they will better understand how a society functions. Encourage your children to think about ways they might help in their own community.
- Write on, Carlos! (Free Closer Look Download)-Carlos wants to write his name like some of his friends can. He asks his mom for help. He practices over and over again. See how proud Carlos is to show his friends what he can do. Learning how to write one’s own name helps a child learn how to recognize and form letters and leads to writing more words.
Stuart J. Murphy is a Boston-based author and visual learning strategist. He is the author of the award-winning MathStartseries, which includes a total of 63 children’s books that present mathematical concepts in the context of stories for Pre-K through Grade 4. He is also the author of Stuart J. Murphy’s I SEE I LEARN, a 16-book series of storybooks for children in Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 that focus on social, emotional, health and safety, and cognitive skills. Stuart is on the authorship team of a number of mathematics programs published by Savvas Learning, formerly Pearson Education, and a frequent presenter at educational conferences. Most of all, Stuart is an advocate of helping our children develop their visual learning skills so they become more successful students.
Visual Learning and Young Children
Stuart J. Murphy, author of the award-winning MathStart books,...
About the I See I Learn series
Author Stuart J. Murphy on the I See I Learn books, which teac...
Social and Emotional Skills: The Early Childhood Learning Edge
Stuart J. Murphy, author of the "I See I Learn" books (https:/...