Health & Safety Skills: I See, I Learn Series (Set of 4)
- SET 953-03D*
- Ships within 1 business day
- 10.00 (in)
- 8.00 (in)
- 1.00 (in)
- 3-6 years
- Grade Level:
- Pre-K to Kindergarten
- I See, I Learn
- Stuart J. Murphy
$4.85 a book!
Long before children can read—or even speak many words—they are able to assimilate visual information with ease. By the time they reach pre-kindergarten age (3–5), they are accomplished visual learners.
Stuart J. Murphy's I See I Learn books build on this natural talent, featuring simple stories, reinforced with visual learning strategies such as inset pictures, diagrams and highlighted words that help young children learn the life skills they need to prepare for school and enjoy happy, productive lives.
The Social Skills Set includes one copy of each:
- Percy Plays It Safe (Free Closer Look Download)-Percy loves to go to the playground. He plays on the swings, the slide, and the monkey bars—and in the big sandbox. But what happens when Percy doesn’t play it safe? Knowing how to follow playground rules, use common sense, and respect others are important skills to keep children from hurting themselves or others.
- Scrubba Dub, Carlos (Free Closer Look Download)-Carlos gets mess when he draws with chalk, builds with clay, and plays in the mud. He doesn’t like to wash his hands. See how Carlos’ friends show him that washing up can be easy and fun! It is especially important for children to wash their hands after coughing, sneezing and using the bathroom; and before and after eating, too.
- Freda Is Found (Free Closer Look Download)-Freda is excited to be on a class trip. But after she stops to look in a store window, she can’t find her group. See what Freda does to help her teachers and friends find her. It is critical that young children learn what to do when they think they are lost, so they are better able to get the help they need. It feels good to be found!
- Healthy, Happy Ajay! (Free Closer Look Download)-Ajay wants to be strong, so he can run fast with his friends. See how eating healthy foods and getting lots of exercise helps Ajay feel great—and run fast! Learning how to eat good foods and engaging in active play help children to develop healthy habits that will serve them well throughout their lives. Staying fit and eating nourishing foods have benefits in the classroom, too. When children are healthy, they can better focus on learning. Be healthy! It's a smart thing to do.
Stuart J. Murphy is a Boston-based author and visual learning strategist. He is the author of the award-winning MathStartseries, which includes a total of 63 children’s books that present mathematical concepts in the context of stories for Pre-K through Grade 4. He is also the author of Stuart J. Murphy’s I SEE I LEARN, a 16-book series of storybooks for children in Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 that focus on social, emotional, health and safety, and cognitive skills. Stuart is on the authorship team of a number of mathematics programs published by Savvas Learning, formerly Pearson Education, and a frequent presenter at educational conferences. Most of all, Stuart is an advocate of helping our children develop their visual learning skills so they become more successful students.
About the I See I Learn series
Author Stuart J. Murphy on the I See I Learn books, which teac...
Social and Emotional Skills: The Early Childhood Learning Edge
Stuart J. Murphy, author of the "I See I Learn" books (https:/...
Visual Learning and Young Children
Stuart J. Murphy, author of the award-winning MathStart books,...