Stuart J. Murphy
Emotional Skills: I See I Learn Series Set of 4 (Paperback)
- SET 952-02D*
- Ships within 1 business day
- 10.00 (in)
- 8.00 (in)
- 1.00 (in)
- 3-6 years
- Grade Level:
- Pre-K to Kindergarten
- I See I Learn
- Stuart J. Murphy
$4.85 a book!
Long before children can read—or even speak many words—they are able to assimilate visual information with ease. By the time they reach pre-kindergarten age (3–5), they are accomplished visual learners.
Stuart J. Murphy's I See I Learn books build on this natural talent, featuring simple stories, reinforced with visual learning strategies such as inset pictures, diagrams and highlighted words that help young children learn the life skills they need to prepare for school and enjoy happy, productive lives.
The Social Skills Set includes one copy of each:
- Freda Stops A Bully (Free Closer Look Download)-Freda loves her new pink shoes. But when she wears them, a boy at school teases her. What can Freda do to make the bully stop? Bullying is a serious issue, whether a child is being bullied, doing the bullying, or witnessing bullying as a bystander. Understanding what motivates the behavior can provide insights toward it resolution. Let's all work together to stop bullying!
- Good Job, Ajay! (Free Closer Look Download)-Ajay wants to throw a ball straight and far. He tries, but he just can't do it. Then his friends remind Ajay how he learned to do other things. See what happens when they cheer him on. Having confidence is critical as young children try new things, face new challenges, and attempt to reach higher goals.
- Great Choice, Camille! (Free Closer Look Download)-Camille is excited to start a special project at school. Will she build a kite, or plant a vegetable? See how Camille learns to dig in and make good choices! Managing anxiety about decision-making, understanding one’s choices, and being able to make decisions are all part of interacting successfully with others. It’s also important for children to be willing to make changes if their first choices aren’t available.
- Percy Gets Upset (Free Closer Look Download)-Percy sometimes gets upset. He crosses his arms, stamps his feet, and scowls. But when he learns how to calm down, he has fun again! Developing strategies for managing anger, such as taking a deep breath and counting to ten, helps children calm down and feel better.
Stuart J. Murphy is a Boston-based author and visual learning strategist. He is the author of the award-winning MathStartseries, which includes a total of 63 children’s books that present mathematical concepts in the context of stories for Pre-K through Grade 4. He is also the author of Stuart J. Murphy’s I SEE I LEARN, a 16-book series of storybooks for children in Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 that focus on social, emotional, health and safety, and cognitive skills. Stuart is on the authorship team of a number of mathematics programs published by Savvas Learning, formerly Pearson Education, and a frequent presenter at educational conferences. Most of all, Stuart is an advocate of helping our children develop their visual learning skills so they become more successful students.
Social and Emotional Skills: The Early Childhood Learning Edge
Stuart J. Murphy, author of the "I See I Learn" books (https:/...
About the I See I Learn series
Author Stuart J. Murphy on the I See I Learn books, which teac...
Visual Learning and Young Children
Stuart J. Murphy, author of the award-winning MathStart books,...